The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for the safekeeping of town records and elections. It’s the office that can answer most questions about municipal issues; direct residents to boards, commissions, and committees; register dogs; and where residents pay taxes and water bills.
General Election November 8, 2022
November 8, 2022 is the Vermont General Election. All active voters will be mailed an absentee ballot. Please vote & return it in the envelope provided.
Also on that date, Chittenden Solid Waste is requesting approval of a 2 Million dollar bond vote. If you wish to vote on the bond vote, please contact the Town Office to receive that ballot.
These are 2 separate elections. Each ballot must be returned in its own signed envelope. The Town Center Drop Box is available to return our ballots.
If you have any questions, then contact Town Clerk, Linda Parent, at 802-434-2221 or Lparent@richmondvt.gov
Town Center Building
203 Bridge St
PO Box 285
Richmond, VT 05477
Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for
- Administration of all Elections
- Recording of Land Records: including deeds, mortgages, liens, surveys, and other documents.
- Filing and Indexing of All Vital Records: including births, deaths, and marriages
- Motor Vehicle Registrations Renewals: bring DMV renewal form with check/money order to DMV and the $3 fee to the town.
- Dog Licenses
- Dog licenses are available at the town clerk’s office. A dog must have had a rabies inoculation not more than 36 months prior to the date of licensing for older dogs. Not more than 12 months for puppies.
- The registration (license) fee is $15 per animal before April 1st. After April 1st the fee increase to $20. PROOF OF A CURRENT RABIES VACCINE IS REQUIRED.
- Notarial: We do notarizations for Richmond residents.
- Lake Iroquois: LAKE IROQUOIS RECREATION DISTRICT BEACH RULES/FEES. Season passes are only available for purchase at the beach.