The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for the safekeeping of town records and elections. It’s the office that can answer most questions about municipal issues; direct residents to boards, commissions, and committees; register dogs; and where residents pay taxes and water bills.
Town Center Building
203 Bridge St
PO Box 285
Richmond, VT 05477
Hours: Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for
- Administration of all Elections
- Recording of Land Records: including deeds, mortgages, liens, surveys, and other documents.
- Filing and Indexing of All Vital Records: including births, deaths, and marriages
- Motor Vehicle Registrations Renewals
- Dog Licenses
- Dog licenses are available at the town clerk’s office. A dog must have had a rabies inoculation not more than 36 months prior to the date of licensing for older dogs. Not more than 12 months for puppies.
- The registration (license) fee is $15 per animal before April 1st. After April 1st the fee increase to $20. PROOF OF A CURRENT RABIES VACCINE IS REQUIRED.
- Notarial: We do notarization's for Richmond residents.
- Lake Iroquois: now open for swimming, but season passes are only available for purchase at the beach.