The Richmond Police Department is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Police Officer. Our Department’s focus is a community based approach that encourages a collaborative effort utilizing a variety of services in problem solving. Richmond is a quiet suburb in Chittenden County, serving a population of 4,200 citizens.
The Richmond Police Department offers a competitive benefits package including take home cruiser in a 30 mile radius, Vermont Municipal Employees Retirement System Group D, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, and life insurance and upon completion of mandatory training, the starting salary is $29.59 per hour, as set forth in the NEPBA (New England Police Benevolence Association) contract. Lateral transfers are eligible to receive credit for experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, nor any habitual or serious traffic offenses, domestic violence or assault convictions. Other violations, which may adversely affect a law enforcement career, will be considered on a case-by case basis.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Vermont State driver’s license.
- Able to pass Vermont Police Academy entrance exam.
- Pass Vermont Police Academy Physical Fitness Exam
- Pass a polygraph and comprehensive background investigation.
Entrance requirements can be found and reviewed at vcjtc.vermont.gov/training/three/entrance-standards
Please submit resumes along with a letter of interest to:
Town of Richmond
Attention: Town Manager Josh Arneson
203 Bridge Street
Richmond, VT 05477
Or email to: email@example.com
The Town of Richmond, VT is recruiting staff for the Water Resources Department. Open positions include Operator in Training, Lead Mechanical Operator, and Assistant Water and Wastewater Superintendent.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply and training is available for qualified applicants. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the Water Resources Industry or for someone with current Water Resources Industry experience and certifications looking for the next step in their career.
The Richmond Water Resources department has about 500 water and wastewater accounts serving about 1000 people. The wastewater facility has a very active septage receival program.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three current references to: Town of Richmond, P.O. Box 285, Richmond, VT, 05477. Or email to scote@ Questions may be directed to Steve Cote, Water and Wastewater Superintendent, at (802) 434-2178. richmondvt.gov
Job Descriptions for Open Positions: