- Winooski River (paddling, fishing, swimming, tubing)
- A main feature of both Bolton & Richmond, the Winooksi River flows through the towns and provides a host of recreation opportunities. For additional information and resources, visit: Friends of the Winooski River
- For boat launches and maps check out the Winooski River Paddling Guide (Bolton to Richmond pages 22-23)
- Parking areas for the river
- Put In(s)/take out(s):
- Bolton Dam: There is parking at the picnic area below the dam. The access road is marked by a sign on River Road.
- Bolton Canoe Access Area: This area with ample parking is about four miles west on River Road from the Bolton Dam access.
- Jonesville: Just after you pass under the Cochran Road Bridge, the take out is on the left. Unload on road shoulder but parking is on the opposite side of the bridge.
- Floodplain Preserve: Take out on the sandy bar on the left side of the river about 1.5 miles below the Jonesville bridge. There is no sign marking the Preserve. It is short carry to the parking area.
- Volunteer Green Richmond: Heading into Richmond you will pass under the Bridge St. bridge and head to the right bank.
- Gillett Pond (skating, pond hockey, skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, bird-watching)
- Chittenden County Fish & Game Club
- Alison’s Aquatics (swimming programs)
- Umiak Outfitters (kayak, canoe, SUP, and tube rentals)
**This is not an exhaustive list. Recreational businesses or programs may request to be added.**