

**Town of Richmond ARPA Committee
Minutes for the meeting of July 27, 2022
Via Zoom**

Members Present: Josh Arneson, Jay Furr, Jeff Forward, Cara LaBounty, Sacha Mailloux, Linda Donovan,

Members Absent: Rebecca Starks, Molly Dugan

Others Present: Kendall Chamberlin

Call or Order: 5:00pm

Welcome by Furr.

Public Comment: None

Final review of draft of the mailing

LaBounty: Reviewed the Community Input info graphic. Reviewed the bullet points for community input which provide options for providing feedback, including a website, email address, and in person meetings. Where exactly will the meeting at the mobile home park be located, at the playground or the entrance.

Furr: I am not that familiar with the area, what do you recommend?

LaBounty: The upper area near the playground.

Forward: I was thinking of using the green in the entrance area.

LaBounty: But if people drive to the meeting there is more parking near the playground. What time do you want to meet for the meeting at the bandshell?

Furr: We have the bandshell stating at 5:30pm.

Forward: 6pm sounds fine for a start time. We should set up around 5:30pm.

LaBounty: Should we mention free ice cream?

Forward: I have not been able to secure free ice cream at this point, but we could purchase ice cream if need be. We should mention the ice cream in the communications, people will come for free ice cream. I would do it at both outdoor meetings.

Furr: I propose Wednesday Sept. 21 or 28 for a Zoom meeting at the Town Center.

LaBounty: Let's do Sept. 28 at 7pm. The last items on the card are where people can drop off their feedback. Let's move to the reply card. The card collects name, address, phone number, and asks for suggestions.

Mailloux: Let's add ARPA to the request for suggestions.

Forward: I think you should print more so they can be distributed at businesses.

LaBounty: I'd rather not do that because it opens it up to non-residents providing feedback. This will also be on Front Porch Forum.

Consensus was to keep this only in the mailing and not print cards for businesses..

LaBounty: Now lets review the Google form. First question is if they are a Richmond resident. If they answer yes they then proceed to filling out the form. The form asks for their name and address. Then it asks for feedback on how to allocate the ARPA funds. The final question asks for any other information to share with the ARPA committee.

Forward: Why does the request for suggestions ask for them to be detailed. People may not have too many details.

LaBounty: We can remove the word "detail". This will send a confirmation email to the respondent. I will take the Google database and start to add in the emails and written card suggestions so we have one spreadsheet tracking all the input.

Forward: What if someone submits the form and has another idea later?

LaBounty: They can send ideas via email or share at one of the meetings.

Forward: People could put in multiple cards with multiple different ideas.

Furr: That is okay if they provide their address. We can still look at the suggestions without addresses because there may be a good idea in there.

LaBounty: I disagree that we consider cards without addresses.

Mailloux: I want to note that we should say on the cards that addresses are required to be provided for the feedback to be considered.

Forward: I disagree. I don't think people will just provide feedback without thought behind it.

LaBounty: I want to be sure that the feedback provided is from Richmond residents.

Forward: I will track down addresses for people who do not provide them.

Discussion of preparing/assembling/mailing the mailing

LaBounty: If we want to do the mailing we'll get a list from Linda to confirm the number of pieces to mail. Is there a date that the mailing should be postmarked for to be in advance of the first Sept. 10 meeting.

Furr: Let's shoot for the mailing to hit on August 20.

Consensus was August 20 would work.

LaBounty: We can get them all prepared and then get them in the mail by August 20.

Furr: When do we want to get together for a stuffing party?

LaBounty: I can take the time to print and stuff them on my own. Let me see how many I can get done on my own and I'll reach out if I need assistance. We could plan to have the next meeting at the Town Center if I can't get to all of it.

Furr: I want to thank Cara and Sacha for their work on the public outreach pieces. I think they look great.

Discussion of ARPA meeting days and times

Furr: I polled the Committee on what dates and times work for everyone. The results were sent out to the Committee. There is not a time that works for everyone. The best time would be the second and fourth Wednesday's at 7pm.

Sacha: My situation may change and I may be able to make it.

Arneson: The DRB meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays

Furr: We can continue to meet virtually

Forward: Would it be possible to alternate where the first meeting of the month is at 4pm and the second meeting is at 7pm.

LaBounty: Lets go with 7pm for now and re-evaluate in September.

Discussion of adding ninth ARPA Committee member

Furr: The Selectboard had reserved a seat for the Finance Director, but they removed that seat at their most recent meeting to keep the Committee comprised of Richmond Residents. The simple way to fill this seat is to do outreach to Richmond residents to fill this seat.

Forward: We could eliminate this seat and just go with 8 members.

Furr: I think we should do outreach to see if we can get a member.

Consensus was to do some outreach to see if people will sign up.

Discussion of logistics of September sessions

Furr: We need to dive into the details and we should table this to the next meeting. We need to think about how to moderate the meetings and what we need for set up such as tables, chairs, sound system etc.

LaBounty: I want to confirm that Sacha and I make the changes to the mailing that we talked about and then we get it out without coming back to the Committee.

Consensus was yes.