The Town of Richmond, VT is looking for someone interested in filling the part-time (24-28 hr.) Grounds Maintenance Worker position. The position is for grounds mowing and Cemetery maintenance in the summer months and village street and sidewalk maintenance in the winter months. The position is offered at 24 hours weekly and may exceed those hours in the winter. Minimum requirements for this position is a valid driver’s license and ability to work in adverse conditions. Mowing and plowing experience preferred but not required. Prorated sick, holiday and vacation benefits are available for this position. The starting wage for this position is $14 / hr. Interested candidates should submit a job application with 3 references to: Richmond Highway Department, PO box 285, Richmond,VT 05477. For more information please contact Pete Gosselin, Highway Superintendent, at:
(802) 434-2631 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
The Richmond Police Department is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Police Officer and a Full Time School Resource Officer. Our Department’s focus is a community based approach that encourages a collaborative effort utilizing a variety of services in problem solving. Richmond is a quiet suburb in Chittenden County, serving a population of 4,200 citizens.
The Richmond Police Department offers a competitive benefits package including take home cruiser in a 30 mile radius, Vermont Municipal Employees Retirement System Group D, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, and life insurance and upon completion of mandatory training, the starting salary is $20.03 per hour, as set forth in the NEPBA (New England Police Benevolence Association) contract. Lateral transfers are eligible to receive credit for experience.
Minimum Requirements (Requirements may change without notice)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, nor any habitual or serious traffic offenses, domestic violence or assault convictions. Other violations, which may adversely affect a law enforcement career, will be considered on a case-by case basis.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Vermont State driver’s license.
- Able to pass Vermont Police Academy entrance exam.
- Pass Vermont Police Academy Physical Fitness Exam
- Pass a polygraph and comprehensive background investigation.
Entrance requirements can be found and reviewed at http://vcjtc.vermont.gov/training/three/entrance-standards
Please submit resumes along with a letter of interest to:
Town of Richmond
Attention: Chief Larry Muldoon
203 Bridge Street
Richmond, VT 05477
Or email to: email@example.com